Friday 27 January 2012

Product Review: Daisy by Marc Jacobs

Introducing my signature scent, Daisy by Marc Jacobs!



As Marc Jacobs is one of my favourite designers, I had to get my hands on this perfume when it came out a few years ago. The notes of the perfume's scent are strawberry, violet leaves, ruby red grapefruit, gardenia, jasmine petals, musk, vanilla, violet petals and white woods. I know it sounds like a strange combination, and simply put I think it smells fresh. It's definitely a spring/summer scent, though I like to wear it all year round.

Sephora describes the perfume as: Fresh and feminine, with a playful innocence. At the heart of Daisy is a floral with vintage edge: violet. Sophisticated, with a touch of whimsy, violet captures the eclectic, vintage flavor of Marc Jacobs' feminine, edgy designs. Always elegant, always enchanting - but not too serious - Daisy is a sparkling floral bouquet, spirited and fresh, wrapped in comfort and warmth.

1.7  fl. oz bottle, $75 from Sephora

My obsession with this scent started with the 1.7 oz bottle I received for Christmas two years ago. As you can see, there's no product left. I'm fairly sure the bottle lasted me at least a year, but because I didn't use it sparingly, it could have lasted me longer. Now the empty bottle adds a fun and whimsical element to my room.

0.13  fl. oz bottle

The next product from my Daisy family is a sample of the Eau So Fresh that I received as a 100 point perk at Sephora. Because I did the transaction online, I was really disappointed when I got it in the mail: it's tiny. The bottle's only 0.13 fluid ounces (4ml), but I do realize it is a sample. I was just hoping that it would replace my older bottle. 

0.13  fl. oz bottle
Another disappointing factor of this bottle is the fact that it doesn't have a pump. It's very awkward to apply the perfume, and you can only really use your fingers to dab it on or use the bottle to dab it onto your skin. However, what it lacks in good packaging it makes up for in its scent. It's a bit more subdued than the original formula, but it still smells amazing.

0.24  fl. oz rollerball, $22 from Sephora

The last Daisy product I own is the rollerball, which I got this past Christmas. I really like how portable this is, but it is made of glass so it's a little difficult to keep in your bag all of the time. The size and price are perfect if you want to test it out for a while before fully committing to the full size bottle.

0.24  fl. oz rollerball, $22 from Sephora
 It is a rollerball, which makes it very convenient to sweep on your neck and wrists before you run out the door in the morning. The packaging is also adorable; look at the little daisy on the cap!

Overall, if you're looking for a new spring/summer scent and aren't sure if you want fruity, floral or musky, give this perfume a try. It's a mix of all three!

What's your favourite perfume?

-Tess

No comments:

Post a Comment