Tuesday 20 March 2012

Lush and Beauty Haul!

Here are a few items I've accumulated over the past week!




Rexall was having a sale on Essie polishes (about $5 off) and I jumped at the chance. They literally only had 7 nail polishes there, but I decided to take advantage of the sale and purchase Russian Roulette. The only nail polishes I have from Essie are creamy (save for the LuxeEffects in Shine of the Times) so I chose to get a brighter colour to test out the formula.



It's a bright red, though you wouldn't be able to tell from the pictures I took. My camera couldn't pick up the colour correctly! The formula's a bit sheer and I would advise two coats  if you want a true red polish.


The next product might be a bit weird, but I've been in desperate need of a new hairbrush for the past week after my twelve year old one tragically broke. Is that a long time to have a hairbrush? I'm not sure but it was a sad, sad day.



It's from a brand called Scunci, which I've never heard of before. I do love this brush because it makes my hair silky smooth! I'll never understand people who comb their hair because it just makes mine an even bigger mess, hence why I stick to brushes.


Just a heads up; the next few items might be accompanied by incomprehensible text posts BECAUSE I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THEM GUYS.




I guess I'll start with the boring thing though. I purchased I Love Juicy because I have a problem with greasy hair, hoping that it would resolve it. And HOLY MOLY HAS IT EVER. My hair is so soft and smooth, this shampoo is a miracle. However I wouldn't recommend using it everyday because it will dry out the ends of your hair!


I also don't really like the smell of it, but it's growing on me. It's vegan as well, which is a plus I guess. And here's Dilon, the angel who made this lovely shampoo:






Yes, I bought another soap. I had my eye on Rockstar, but couldn't quite differentiate the smell from all the other soaps and didn't want to risk not liking it. So I picked up Honey I Washed the Kids because of its pleasant smell and to see what all of its hype was about.




Upon first glance, it looks like gouda topped off with a honeycomb. But when you smell it, it smells nothing like stinky cheese. It has a lovely honey and vanilla aroma which is far more appealing the my Honey Trap lip balm from Lush. 


I have a feeling it will have a super creamy lather, though haven't had the chance to try it since I'm still using a chunk of my Godmother soap.


Here's a picture of its strange looking bottom... I hope this is okay...




AND LAST BUT DEFINITELY NOT LEAST: PHOENIX RISING BATH BOMB



Honestly, you have no idea how amazing this smells; just like apples baked in cinnamonifoweheiwphvepwih. Delicious. This is my first bath bomb, and have no idea how people know when to use them, as I'm trying to save it for a special occasion of some sort. Please give this a whiff if you're ever close to a Lush, you won't be sorry. 


Also, should I use the whole thing for one bath? Or would breaking it in half ruin the effect? HELP!


That's all for today, and hope you have a lovely week!


- Tess

No comments:

Post a Comment