Tuesday 13 March 2012

Product Overview: Lipsticks

It's been a few days since my last post, and since it's march break I've done everything in my power not to move an inch and watch every movie I own. I've decided to share my lipstick collection with you, excluding my Revlon Lip Butters since they have a post all to themselves.





Neutrals:

From Left to Right: Too Faced lipstick in Cougar, Revlon Matte Lipstick in Nude Attitude, Rimmel Lasting Finish in Airy Fairy, Covergirl Lip Perfection in Heavenly


Too Faced Lipstick in Cougar:

I got this Cougar as one of the items in the Too Faced On the Prowl makeup set, which included a flatbuki brush, the Lovely Leopard trio and a sample of their Primed and Poreless face primer. To say that this lipstick is my least favourite product out of all four would be an understatement. I despise this lipstick. Not only is it an unflattering shade of brown that I can't see anyone wearing, but it also has grainy glitter that's very noticeable on the lips. It also has a horrible smell that never fails to give me a terrible headache. The smell alone is enough to turn me off their lipsticks completely, and I'll probably never purchase another again.

Revlon Matte Lipstick in Nude Attitude:

If you've read my review on the Matte Lipsticks by Revlon, you'll know that I'm not fond of this particular colour. It leaves my lips looking dead and it accentuates all of the imperfections on my lips. Unless you're drawn to nudes I would stay away!

Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in Airy Fairy:


I really like this lipstick because it's probably the closest I'll ever come to a nude lipstick. It is a pale pink but it's definitely lighter than my natural lip colour, which is how I classify nudes that suit me. You may want to apply lip balm beforehand because it can expose dryness on your lips, but I think it's a nice alternative to fully nude lipsticks!

CoverGirl Lip Perfection in Heavenly:


I particularly like this lipstick because it's a few shades lighter than Airy Fairy. It also has a few orangey undertones as opposed to blue undertones, which I feel makes the colour look more natural on the lips. The formulation is also great and very moisturizing; perfect for those colder months.

Brights & Darks:

From left to right: Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipsticks in Coral Queen and Lily Extase, Rimmel x Kate Moss Lipstick in 02, Revlon Matte Lipsticks in Really Red and Wine Not
Revlon Moisture Renew Lipsticks:


I honestly love these lipsticks, and can't believe I only have them in two colours that I never really wear because of their vibrance. Coral Queen and Lily Extase are two great colours perfect for spring and summer. I can't wait to wear them with white lace dresses as a pop of colour in the warmer months! Another reason I have these lipsticks reserved for summer is that they smell of sunscreen, which I surprisingly like. They glide on your lips perfectly (Hence the 'moisture renew' in their name. They do just that!), though I'm not sure I can say the same for the other shades in this line that are frosty or have shimmer. I feel like they would be a touch on the grainy side.

Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick by Kate Moss in 02:


 I've made a blog post dedicated to my love for this lipstick. It's just so beautiful! It does compare to Lily Extase, though this one is obviously a lot warmer.

Revlon Matte Lipsticks in Really Red and Wine Not:



Last but not least, my other two matte lipsticks from Revlon. These also have a separate review which you can read here. But if you should take one piece of knowledge from reading this post, it's that you should definitely own Really Red. It's a timeless red that will never go out of style!


And that's all of my lipsticks! Kudos to you for making it this far :)
I only really own drugstore lipsticks because they're a lot more accessible, and most of them are impulse buys that I pick up while shopping for makeup remover or other things from the drugstore!


I know I don't need any more lipsticks, but if you could leave your favourite MAC lipstick (or one that you've been lusting after) in the comments below it would be greatly appreciated! I'm looking to treat myself with one but can't decide on a colour!


- Tess

No comments:

Post a Comment