Monday 30 April 2012

Essie Nail Polish Haul!

Essie's a fairly expensive brand with nail polishes normally costing $11, but they have recently gone on sale for $7.99 my local drugstores so I couldn't help but pick up a few!



The three colours I got are Watermelon, Tart Deco and Lilacism.





Watermelon is a true hot pink. I mainly picked this up because all my creamy pinks are very old and don't apply nicely anymore. Plus it was the last one, which compelled me even more! 




I was very skeptical about Tart Deco because I had only seen swatches of it online and they looked EXTREMELY orange, which I don't find  very flattering. However, once I saw it in stores I  began to understand the appeal; it's a lovely creamy coral that is fairly opaque. In some lights it can even look like a neon pink, so in my opinion a cheaper alternative would be Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Peachy Breeze.



Lilacism is actually a polish that I helped my mom pick out. This colour is a bit tricky to describe because it varies in so many different lights. Its foundation is a pale lavender, but it can also look somewhat periwinkle or even grey, like in the picture above.

Well, that's it for today! I hope you have a lovely Monday!

- Tess

No comments:

Post a Comment