Tuesday 12 June 2012

Beauty Haul!

A little collection of makeup products I bought on two recent drugstore trips. I'm aware that I have an Essie addiction, no need to comment on it!






This first product isn't actually from the drugstore, but I've decided to include it because it's quite exciting. It's my first MAC product! I picked up the limited edition highlighting powder in Crew because its design kind of intrigued me and I had heard great things about it online!





This nail polish isn't actually from the drugstore either, but whatever! Just Spotted the Lizard by OPI is an apparent dupe for Chanel's Peridot, which I have been lusting over ever since it was released. I can't say they're completely identical because I don't own both, but swatches online have lead me to believe that they are.




I haven't purchased any new mascaras recently, and I was very curious about Maybelline's Mega Plush Volume mascara because they claimed it didn't have any heavy waxes, which usually cause mascara to flake throughout the day. I do find that my lashes are soft at the end of the day, but I think this lighter formula doesn't hold a curl very well compared to other mascaras. 




The brush is also very strange; it's quite large so I sometimes find that it hits my eyelid. The wand has some sort of wiggly part in its centre so it's somewhat hard to control.




I purchased Rimmel's Lasting Finish Lipstick in Nostalgia because it reminds me of MAC's Party Parrot. Plus I really love the name!






Next I have the two nail polishes and one nail treatment from Essie. I picked up Turquoise & Caicos because I didn't really have a similar colour in my collection.




I picked up Vanity Fairest because I wanted a fairly natural colour. It's like Fiji, but extremely sheer. It also has an extremely subtle silver shimmer to it, which you can kind of see in the glare parallel to the Essie written on the bottle in the photo below.




My nails have become quite brittle over the years because I used to bite them and because I've been constantly changing the colour of them more recently. I decided to invest in Essie's Grow Stronger base-coat because I haven't heard much about their line of nail treatments. 




They come in a slightly larger bottle but cost the same as their regular polishes.




Last but not least, I came across a stand for Maybelline's new BB cream and decided to give it a go. I believe it comes  5 or 6 colours but I haven't heard much else about it, and I expect it's brand new. A review might be soon to follow!




I hope you've enjoyed this post and have a lovely day!


- Tess

No comments:

Post a Comment