Sunday 3 June 2012

Product Review: butter LONDON's Matte Topcoat

I've been on the hunt for a matte topcoat for the longest time, and had almost lost hope when I found that my local drugstores no longer carried Essie's Matte About You. I also knew that butter LONDON had one, but it always seemed to be sold out when I went to look for it. After stocking the butter LONDON stand for a very long time, I finally found the Matte Finish Shine-Free Topcoat!



Though I've wanted one for ages, I was worried that once the topcoat dried, my nails would be left feeling grainy and rough to the touch; but that's not the case. After my nails were dry, I was very shocked to find that they were so velvety smooth! 




In the bottle it looks grey and murky, but I assure you that it dries clear.



Down below are a few pictures of the matte topcoat over butter LONDON'S The Full Monty and American Apparel's Smoke Dazzle. 


Matte Finish Shine-Free Topcoat over The Full Monty
Matte Finish Shine-Free Topcoat over Smoke Dazzle
I particularly like layering this topcoat over shimmery varnishes because it makes them look multi-dimensional in a way. It also looks beautiful over bright corals!




butter LONDON's "Nail Treatments" come in a slightly larger bottle than their regular nail polishes which is great because you would use them more frequently. But that also means they're a bit more pricey. butter LONDON's regular polishes retail for around $17 CAD and this particular top coat costed $21 CAD, so I would advise that you purchase this product only if you're absolutely sure that you'd use it!




I hope you've enjoyed this post, and have a lovely day!


- Tess

2 comments:

  1. Iove this!! I think I have to try butter London soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love ur blog design! its cute :)

    ReplyDelete