Thursday 31 May 2012

May Favourites!

Ugh, I can't believe it's June tomorrow! I know I haven't been consistent with blog posts throughout the month of May, so there my be a few unfamiliar products in this month's favourites. I promise reviews are coming soon!



First up is a new shampoo I discovered at the very beginning of May. My mom usually buys shampoo that's on sale, and this month she chose the Garnier Fructis Pure Clean shampoo and conditioner. My hair is very oily (and I'm saving the last half of my Lush I Love Juicy shampoo for emergencies because of its hefty price tag) so this shampoo intrigued me. 



After using it only once I saw results; my hair was silky smooth, felt healthy and even had a little bit of shine. Though unlike my Lush shampoo, this one doesn't dry out the ends of my hair. I also like the matching conditioner, but in my opinion it doesn't do anything miraculous to my hair or stand out from other products on the market.

This next favourite is more like an old friend; I used to use this Heat Tamer Spray from Tresemme back when I used to do competitive dance where straightening and curling your hair really took its toll. I really like this product, though I think I never got around to repurchasing another one after it ran out/expired.


UNTIL NOW. I've been curling and straightening my hair like crazy lately because of the layers I had put into my hair (if I don't, I look like a llama). So I decided it was probably a good idea to re-purchase this Heat Tamer Spray, and I can say that I'm still very pleased with what it does for my hair. The only downside to this product is that some of the spray can miss my hair and fall on the floor, making it very slippery! Does this only happen to me?


I guess I'll continue with the rest of the skincare/body products. Next is another Soap & Glory scrub; I picked up The Greatest Scrub of All because my skin had gotten very dry. I now use it tw0-three times a week to exfoliate, but sometimes more because the "smooth-boost spheres" dissolve after you've exfoliated your skin.



I like to use the Daisy by Marc Jacobs Eau So Fresh Radiant Body Cream on my legs because they get dry in the summer, mostly due to shaving and tanning! I believe you can get it in a gift set with the perfume, but I would recommend spending your money on an actual moisturizer because this lotion isn't suited for sensitive skin.



I will admit, I've kind of been keeping this next product a secret from you guys... It seems that when I write about how much I love a product on here, I start to see its faults. But I've had the Clinique Stay Matte Oil-Free Makeup for over a month and I think I can finally say that this is my new favourite foundation. I won't say much more, because a review is in the works!



My next favourite isn't a product, but a technique. I thought I had finished the sample, but had heard from my friends that cutting them open/de-potting them revealed a lot of access product. In the picture below you can even see where I tried cutting it open. 


I eventually gave in and searched YouTube when I found this video. I tried her first suggestion (removing the plastic stopper) and was blown away with the results. I don't think I'll do the second part of the video (microwaving, de-potting, etc.) because it's just a sample size and I already have another full-size product in the new squeeze tube design.


This is probably a product you're familiar with: the Benefit Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow in R.S.V.P. I plan on picking up another colour from this line because they're so easy to swipe on during the hotter months. Although I do need to prime them with primer potion because they crease in the heat otherwise.




Last but not least is probably my most favourite find this month. If you've read my nail polish related posts before, you already know that I'm obsessed with matte nails, and I've finally found the butter LONDON Matte Top Coat. I first picked it up around April 30th and have been going crazy with it ever since. That's all I've got to say about it for now because a reviews coming soon!



Congratulations on making it this far!
I hope May's treated you well, and have a lovely June! 

- Tess

No comments:

Post a Comment