Monday 18 June 2012

Product Review: MAC's Highlighting Powder in Crew

I wanted my first purchase at MAC to be a little special, which is why I decided to pick up their limited edition high-lighting powder in Crew, part of their Hey, Sailor!  collection for summer 2012.






The powder consists of a large expanse of pink, two smaller purple and orange areas, and a shimmery cream overspray which separates those three colours and adds a sheen to their otherwise matte finish.


I researched this product a lot online (before shucking out a whopping $30), and came to the conclusion that the three blush-like colours go straight down to the bottom of the pan, meaning the beige high-lighting colour is in fact an overspray. This was quite shocking to me because they called it a high-lighter for a reason, right? Why would they make the blushy colours more permanent than the actual high-lighting colour?

The woman who helped me at the MAC counter assured me that you are supposed to apply this powder to the areas of your face where the light would naturally hit. Though when swirled together, these three colours produce a (rather lovely, don't get me wrong) pale pink colour that is very pigmented on the cheeks.


Above are the colours swatched individually and on the far right is all three swirled together. I honestly would not advise that you purchase this with the intention of using it as a highlighter, but if you're on the lookout for a very beautiful blush I highly recommend it!

I hope you've enjoyed this post, and have a lovely day!

- Tess

No comments:

Post a Comment