Sunday 14 October 2012

TAG: I Love Fall!

I'll admit it, Fall isn't my favourite season. Winter definitely takes the cake; though there's something really nice about Autumn... it slowly eases you into the cold after a few months of sweltering heat. 


I've only done one other tag before and thought it was a good time to try another! This one in particular caught my eye because it's interesting to see everyone's favourite things about Autumn. I've modified a few of the questions and added one of my own. If you happen to do this tag please leave a link to it in the comments below!

1. Favourite Fall Lip Product

Top: Revlon Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie, Bottom: Revlon Balm Stain in Honey

I actually have a tie between two Revlon lip products, both being sort of lip-balms. The first  is Revlon's Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie. It's ~gasp~ a berry red with a bit of gold glitter. When I don't want my lips to be so shimmery, I opt for the Revlon Kissable Lip-Stain in Honey. I love this product because it takes my natural lip colour and makes it a bit more defined, since I have quite pale lips. In the swatches below the two products look a bit similar, but on the lips Berry Smoothie is far more opaque, while Honey just offers a nice wash of colour. 

From left to right: Berry Smoothie, Honey (built up), Honey (light swatch)



2. Favourite Fall Nail Polish



Honestly I know I've said this over and over, but Essie's Lady Like is one of my all-time favourite nail colours. And I know I said it's great for spring, but now I truly believe it's perfect for Fall. It's very subdued and compliments everything I wear.

3. Favourite Starbucks Fall Drink


My favourite autumnal drink from Starbucks is my favourite warm drink from them all year round. Their Caramel Apple Spice tastes heavenly; just like hot apple cider. I really really really recommend it, and don't forget to ask for whipped cream!


4. Favourite Fall Candle Soap


I personally don't really burn candles that often... they seem like a really big responsibility. So i'm going to change this question to Favourite Fall Soap. I recently discovered Wintermoon Handcrafted Soaps while visiting the Oakville Farmer's Market and think that they're comparable to Lush soaps, if not better. They're only available if you live around Mississauga, Ontario, though I highly recommend checking if there's a farmer's market near where you live.





5. Favourite Fall Scarf or Accessory


I love to wear the plain H&M scarves all throughout Fall and Winter. I'm not a big fan of distinctly patterned scarves because I find it a bit difficult to pair them with what I'm wearing. That's why I always drift towards these scarves whenever I'm in H&M. For just $12.95 you can get an extremely soft and versatile scarf!



6. Haunted house, haunted hay ride, or haunted corn maze?


Probably a haunted house... though I hate scary things... a haunted house seems like it wouldn't smell as bad as the other two, I guess.

7. Favourite Halloween movie(s)



I basically have a marathon of all my Tim Burton movies (including Beetlejuice, though I couldn't find it before taking the pictures above) and Zombieland because hello, who doesn't love zombies and Bill Murray? Don't get me wrong, I love the Halloween movies they play on Family Channel like Halloweentown and Hocus Pocus, but I've seen them so many times I'm kind of tired of them.

8. Favourite bands to listen to during Fall

I'll admit, I added this question. Even if you're not doing the full tag, please leave yours below! I'd love to hear your thoughts. My personal favourites are the Avett Brothers and Mumford & Sons. There's just something about their songs that make me think of Thanksgiving and pumpkin patches, if that makes sense?

The Avett Brothers - Pretty Girl From Locust

Mumford & Sons - Broken Crown

9. Favourite candy to eat on Halloween

I'm all for candy all year round, so I don't have a particular favourite around this time of year. I really really really love chocolate though.

10. What are you dressing up as for Halloween?




I really don't know yet... I want to dress up as Suzy Bishop from Moonrise Kingdom but will probably spend the whole night explaining who that is to everyone that asks. I like to dress up as people who dress kind 0f normally so I can pull off repurposing my regular clothes, and have been thinking of reusing my Wednesday Addams costume from last year: a slightly patterned black dress with a white Peter Pan collar, a black cardigan black flats, and pigtail braids.

11. What is your Favourite thing about Fall?


Honestly right now it would have to be the Oakville Farmer's Market. I'd only just discovered it in September, and it's ending fairly soon, so for right now it's a fall related thing for me. There's so many great stands that turn up every Saturday; Wintermoon Soaps, like I mentioned above; a lovely lady that sells flowers that I bought a bouquet of dried lavender from; and my favourite, Manual Labour Coffee.



They have a little trailer that they travel around in, selling delicious coffee, eccentric cookies, and other amazing stuff. I always order a cappuccino and a kitchen sink cookie (it's a chocolate chip cookie with potato chips, pretzels and a gooey marshmallow center).  

  
I'm glad you've made it this far! Thank you so much for reading, and as I've said before, leave a link to your tag in the comments below! Have a lovely day!

- Tess


1. Favourite Fall lip product?

2. Favourite Fall Nail Polish?

3. Favourite Starbucks Fall Drink?

4. Favourite Fall Candle?

5. Favourite Fall Scarf or accessory

6. Haunted house, haunted hay ride, or haunted corn maze?

7. Favourite Halloween movie(s)?


8. Favourite bands to listen to during Fall?
9. Favourite candy to eat on Halloween?
10. What are you dressing up as for Halloween?

11. What is your Favourite thing about Fall?

1 comment:

  1. You should write more often 'cause I love your blod :3

    ReplyDelete