Tuesday 24 January 2012

Artist Obsession: Bon Iver

After discovering Justin Vernon's band in 2010 and falling in love with almost every song on For Emma, Forever Ago,  Bon Iver's second album did not disappoint. 


Bon Iver, Bon Iver



The whole album has the continuity that their first album possessed, and the melancholy lyrics on a few of the songs mimic those on For Emma, Forever Ago. Though the album came out on June 21st of last year, I continually find myself listening to the album on repeat for hours, which is rare for me with other artists. 


Can we talk about how beautiful the album art is? I love how they don't plaster it with pictures of the band, and instead opt for images that match their songs and how they make you feel. I also like how they're able to promote Gregory Euclide, the artist. 


The band is nominated for four Grammy's this year, and although I wish they would plunge into obscurity so I could keep their music to myself, I can't wait to see the outcome on February 12th.


Here are a few of my favourite songs off of their new album!


Perth


Holocene


Michicant




You can also be my friend on Last.fm if you're interested in other artists I listen to!

- Tess

2 comments:

  1. I love Bon Iver, and I agree, this album did not fail to disappoint! :)

    ReplyDelete