Wednesday 25 January 2012

Product Review: Maybelline Color Tattoo 24hr Eyeshadow

After reading Allison's review on the new Maybelline Color Tattoo 24hr Eyeshadows, I had to pick this colour up on my next trip to Shoppers Drug Mart!


Tough As Taupe


The formula of this product is fantastic; it's very creamy and is easy to apply with your fingers. It's supposedly comparable to the MAC paint pots, though I don't own any. As far as wearability goes, it does last a long time on my eyelids, but I do have oily skin and using a primer is a must to avoid creasing.

Tough As Taupe

To be honest, the only colours that appealed to me were the neutrals. I don't usually rock a pop of colour, and when I do it's within what I'm wearing clothes-wise. That's why this shade appealed to me so much. It's dark enough for me to sweep on my lids when I want a dramatic eye, and opaque enough to use as a base for similar colours.

Tough As Taupe
 And if you can't already tell, it's matte. That's right, COMPLETELY MATTE. I've never seen a matte cream eyeshadow, so I had to pick this one up.

Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow in R.S.V.P and  Maybelline Color Tattoo in Tough as Taupe
One of the things that annoys me about this product is how similar the packaging is to Benefit's Creaseless Cream Shadows. The packaging is completely the same, right down to the swooshy sound the lid makes that I really like for some reason. 

Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow in R.S.V.P and  Maybelline Color Tattoo in Tough as Taupe
The formulas of the two products are not as similar as the packaging; Benefit's is a tad drier (at least the one I purchased is). But because of my oily lids, Maybelline's creamy formula creases without a primer which is why I prefer Benefit's product.



Photo taken by Allison


Overall, if you like any of the colours, have drier eyelids, or just want to test them out, I would recommend these for you. I personally don't know what they were thinking with the bright orange shadow, but if you think you can pull it off, pick it up!



What colours would you purchase?

-Tess 

No comments:

Post a Comment