Wednesday 7 March 2012

Product Review: Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate

Rimmel teamed up with Kate Moss to create 15 lipsticks in colours suitable for all skin tones. I picked up 02 because it was the most exquisite bright pink I have ever seen! The lipstick also comes in some strange shades like grey and navy blue but I've only seen them on the Rimmel website, not in stores.




First of all, the packaging is beautiful. It's very sleek with a matte black exterior, complete with a little signature from Kate in red. It's identical to the original Lasting Finish lipstick, except the original has a glossy brown exterior and silver clasp. (Mine got scuffed up after I tried to remove the price sticker!)

From left to right: Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in Airy Fairy, Lasting Finish Lipstick by Kate in 02
The lipstick I purchased in 02 is a red-based hot pink. Though the colours aren't exactly the same, 02 reminds me of MAC's Party Parrot. Probably because it's so bright!

 I feel that because it's a bright colour, it could work on all skin tones! I'm 99% sure that all of the lipsticks in this line are matte, and the formula of 02 makes me want to purchase all of them. It's very creamy and lasts on your lips for a surprisingly long time.


Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick by Kate in 02


Overall, I think you should definitely check these out. They're available at your local drugstore but I don't know for how long! 


What's your go-to statement lipstick?


- Tess 

1 comment:

  1. beautiful lip colour!!

    natalie
    http://lucyandtherunaways.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete