Sunday 8 July 2012

June Favourites!

Better late than never, right? I don't have a lot of favourites this month because I've been so busy with second semester exams and I also haven't worn a lot of makeup because it's been so hot!



Maybelline Dream Fresh BB:


As I was outside at my friend's cottage this month, I needed sun protection for my face. Since I don't like to apply sunscreen to my face because most of them contain oil, (and the ones that don't are fairly expensive and I don't end up finishing them before they expire) I took to applying my Maybelline Dream Fresh BB cream to my cheeks, forehead and nose. I know it really protected me from the sun because I applied the most of it to my cheeks (where I get the most burnt) and less of the product to my nose and forehead, where I got a fairly bad sunburn. Though I am including this product in my favourites, I still stand by my review!


The Body Shop Brush Set:



My mom got me these brushes from the Body Shop during their Summer Sale (which is still going on now!). This particular set also comes with an eyebrow comb/brush that I don't really use. I also opt to use the Lipstick/Concealer brush for applying darker shadows to my lash-line to give the appearance of eyeliner.

Face & Body Brush, Eyeshadow Brush, Lipstick/Concealer Brush
I really love these brushes because they're super soft and apply products like a dream! They also have a very sturdy base, which allows me to stand them up if my counter's wet or dirty. And since they're from the Body Shop, they're completely cruelty free, which is an added bonus! They don't seem to have this exact brush set on their website, but this one is quite similar.


Benefit Hoola Bronzer:




This is probably my favourite bronzer because it suits my fair skin tone and it's completely matte. It's also allowed me to wear my lighter foundations in the summer when I've gotten more tan. You can see a more in-depth review & swatches here.




MAC Highlighting Powder in Crew:



I've raved about this product enough, but to sum it up, it leaves a healthy and rosy glow to my cheeks. It also has a very subtle shimmer, which looks lovely in the sunlight.


Covergirl Lash-blast - Waterproof Formula: 




Another favourite from my cottage adventures. I wore this mascara all weekend and it didn't run or smudge one bit! I would highly recommend it if you're going on vacation or just need a water-resistant mascara for day-to-day use.


Essie's Grow Stronger and Mamba:




I'm not sure if you can tell, but I've made quite a huge dent in this nail treatment. After using it whenever I painted my nails for a month straight, it's safe to say that this stuff really works. My nails definitely a lot stronger than they ever were, and they're growing a lot faster as well!




Honestly, I think everyone should have Mamba. It looks so nice on your finger and toes, and now that I have a tan, it looks even better!




And last but not least, I have a book favourite this month. When I first heard about The Time Traveler's Wife, I'm sure I was too young to read it and wasn't very interested in the movie because it seemed like too complicated a novel to squish into two hours. And to say the least, I was very pleased with this novel. I don't want to give too much away, but it is a heavy read and you might find yourself invested in the characters.


That's it for now! I hope you've enjoyed this post and have a lovely day!


- Tess

No comments:

Post a Comment