Thursday 16 August 2012

Review: Wet 'n' Wild Comfort Zone Palette

I've heard great things about Wet 'n' Wild's eyeshadows for quite some time now, but for some reason the brand's a little difficult to locate in Canada. I remember going to Shoppers when I was younger and getting glittery lip glosses from them, but now I'm not sure if they've been pulled out of my local drugstores. However, I came across their section in Walmart and had to pick a few things up!


Today I'll be sharing my thoughts on their Comfort Zone eyeshadow palette, which features two sets of neutrals that you can coordinate to create various makeup looks. They label the eyeshadows by their intended purpose (browbone, eyelid, crease and definer) but you can obviously use them on your eyes wherever you think they'll look best.


(Since they don't have separate names, I'll be referring to the eyeshadows by the first letter of where they're supposed to be used: i.e. B1, E1...etc.)


From top to bottom: B1, E1, C1, D1

From left to right: B1, E1, C1, D1
The first side of the palette would better suit warm skin-tones since the eyeshadows are fairly golden. Though it looks more like a copper in the pan, E1 is actually a great dupe for Urban Decay's Half Baked when it's on the lids!

From top to bottom: B2,E2,C2,D2

From left to right: B2, E2, C2, D2
As you can imagine, the left side of the palette has a majority of cooler shades, E2 being the exception; this green shadow actually has a gold shimmer to it, allowing you to pair it with shades from the right side of the palette. Speaking of Urban Decay, D2 is an EXACT DUPE for UD's Lounge eyeshadow, which I unfortunately own. Had I known that these two were exactly the same I would never have picked up Lounge! 

From left to right: D2, Lounge
As a whole, these eyeshadows are fantastic. Not only are they super pigmented, but they're also extremely buttery to the touch. The only downfall to Wet 'n' Wild's eyeshadows is that they're all frosty; not only this palette, but I find this finish to be the most common among their shadow collection. I find frosty eyeshadows the most difficult to wear in the summer because of how shiny I get, and they just generally make me look a little gross. I'll definitely be rocking these eyeshadows when the weather cools down!

Double ended eyeshadow brush
Overall, I think everyone should own this palette. I didn't even mention the price... I think i managed to get this palette for $4.57, though I also got an eyeshadow trio (from Wet 'n' Wild) for the same price, so I can't really remember if that's correct. Though I do know that a few people in the States have said they got theirs for around $10; for eight extremely pigmented eyeshadows? That's still a steal!

I hope you've enjoyed this post and have a lovely day!

- Tess

No comments:

Post a Comment