Wednesday 19 September 2012

Review: L'OREAL Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

Hello everyone! I'm sorry I haven't posted in the last few months, I've been super busy preparing for my last year of high school. And then there's the whole post-secondary situation... so I hope you'll forgive me! I have a few posts coming up that I've neglected, and then it's straight to posts for autumn!



Today I have a review of the new L'oreal BB Cream. I've actually had this for about a month, and I think that gave me enough time to actually work with it and see if it changed the look of my skin.


The colour and texture of this particular BB cream are very strange... it's a stark white paste with little gritty micro-beads, as opposed to the Maybelline BB Cream which is tinted and silky smooth. Though don't fret; once you work them into the skin, they supposedly blend to match your skin-tone. (But I personally think they just blend into the colour you pick up, seeing as there's a variety of shades to choose from.) Also, the micro-beads aren't abrasive to the skin, though they do take some getting used to.

Here's a few pictures of the blending process:






I personally wouldn't recommend this product. It looks nice when you first apply it (if you like a light-coverage), but it oxidizes throughout the day and leaves me looking shiny and orange. And I'm not sure how many shades are in the range, but I would imagine that the darkest shade isn't all that dark, considering it starts out white. It also doesn't offer any SPF, which is why I prefer the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream

If you've tried this product, please leave a comment below with your thoughts!

I hope you've enjoyed this post and have a lovely day!

- Tess

2 comments:

  1. have you tried koreann bb creams?! they're awesome!!! :)

    vickyhoang.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I haven't! I wouldn't know where to get them :)

      Delete