Monday 20 February 2012

Tag: My Nail Polish Obsession!

I admit, I stole this tag from the Youtube beauty community. Since I don't make videos, I decided to do it on my blog. I tag you to do this and leave a link to yours below!

1. What's your favorite nail polish company?

From left to right: Yummy Mummy, The Full Monty, Wallis

Though I only own three of their polishes, butter LONDON is my favourite nail polish brand. The polishes I own only require one coat (but I always apply two out of habit) and the colour range is beautiful. What drew me to this company is their "3 free" formula, which means that their polishes do not contain formaldehyde, toluene, and DBP. They are a bit pricey, but most of their colours are quite unique which I think justifies the price tag. 


2. Glitter or no glitter?

From left to right: Forever 21's Love & Beauty polishes (nameless), Nicole by OPI's Rainbow in the Skylie, Essie's Shine of the Times
Glitter. I personally really love my nails to shine every once and a while. The reason I don't wear glitter polishes more often is because they're so difficult to remove. Since the particles are synthetic, they can't be removed with nail polish remover.


 
3. OPI, China Glaze, or Essie?



From left to right: Sew Psyched, Chinchilly, Mink Muffs, Very Structured, Angora Cardi, Lady Like, Fiji, Shine of the Times
Definitely Essie, since I have so many of their varnishes. It is my second favourite nail polish brand because of how creamy the majority of their polishes are. The only problem I have with these polishes is that some of the colours dry darker on your nails than they appear in the bottle.


 
4. When do you change your nail polish?



I normally change my nail polish two to three times a week because I can't stand the look/feel of chipped polish. Sometimes when I'm lazy I just re-paint over small chips and hope no one will notice! 



5. What's your favorite color on your nails?




I love the way Lady Like looks on my nails. It's just very simple and pretty! I featured it in a NOTD which you can read here!



6. Darks or Brights?


From left to right: Sally Hansen Insta-Dri's Wined Up, Blazing Blue, OPI's Road House Blues, Revlon's Valentine, Nicole by OPI's Star of the Party, Virtuous Violet, Blues in the Night
I like to wear darks on my nails more often than brights because I feel they better compliment my outfits. Though of course in the summer I break out my bright pinks and teals, I like my navy blues and deep reds for the rest of the year.




7. What are you wearing on your nails right this moment?






I don't know the name because I ripped off the sticker by accident trying to get it open! But it's a raspberry pink from N.Y.C that my friend got me for Christmas. Please excuse how messy my nails are, I painted them hastily a few hours ago and haven't fixed them up yet!



8. Matte Nails -- In or Out?


In. I love the way matte nails look, but haven't had any luck finding any. I've been on the hunt for a matte top coat to experiment with, but can't find one anywhere! Please let me know in the comments below if you're aware of any!



9. French Manicure?


I personally love french manicures that are done on your real nails. You cannot fathom my hatred for gel/acrylic nails. They just look so tacky to me.



10. Favorite Winter Color?



Sew Psyched by Essie is definitely my favourite winter polish. It's not extremely dark and adds a small pop of colour to my nails. Mine's fairly old and is starting to separate :(




Like I said, feel free to do this tag and link it below!



1. What's your favorite nail polish company?
2. Glitter or no glitter?
3. OPI, China Glaze, or Essie?
4. When do you change your nail polish?
5. What's your favourite color on your nails?
6. Darks or Brights?
7. What are you wearing on your nails right this moment?
8. Matte Nails--In or Out?
9. French Manicure?
10. Favorite Winter Color?

Hope you've all had a lovely Family Day/ President's day!

-Tess

No comments:

Post a Comment